The ALTCQI strives to promote the continuous improvement of quality in healthcare by providing educational and development opportunities for professionals at all management levels and within the senior living and assisted living settings. Our goal is to keep health care professionals up-to-date on their ever-changing industry. One way this is sought is through maintaining an informational website that provides educational opportunities, regulatory updates, and tools to assist in the continued development of all staff. The ALTCQI considers education and training the key to providing quality care to our residents and clients.
Our purpose is to improve the quality of care and quality of life experienced by nursing home and assisted living residents through multi-disciplinary teaching and training of nursing home and assisted living personnel. This is accomplished through:
- Establishing national evaluative standards for the certification and recertification of individuals who attain the required competencies of the Risk Management profession.
- Grant certification to persons who apply and meet the standards
- Research, formulate and evaluate periodic review to assure maintenance of competencies relevant to the practice of the risk management profession and those that promote quality of care and quality of life for those persons in our care.
- Inform and educate the public of the risk management profession and credentialing process.
- Make education and training available to long term care and assisted living personnel that will assist in the continued improvement of the delivery of services to the individuals they serve.
We, at the ALTCQI, hope you find this web site informative. If you need additional information or would like to make suggestions, please let us know so that we can continue to improve.